Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 12 - Osu Kannon, Nagoya


THIS PLACE EXISTS!

I say this because I was unable to find the same place when I came back a week later... But that's a different story.

Since the day was Saturday we had the whole day to spend with our host families. Sakiko, my host sister, and I took a two-hour train from Toyohashi to the city of Nagoya. From there we took a subway to Osu Kannon; which, had a very large shopping area like an outdoor/indoor mall. We window-shopped mostly, I found a store that specialized specifically in Korean pop merchandise. At the moment they were loaded with Big Bang. We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant, which was pretty good as far as I can remember; then we returned to Nagoya and explored the bigger city.

The night before, when my host family asked me whats one of the things I want to get in Japan I said an electronic dictionary, not knowing that they would take my answer somewhat seriously. I think they tried to give me one of their older ones, but I wanted one with a writing pad. Its still embarrasing when I think about it. In any case, while we were in Nagoya we went to Big Camera and checked out its prices while waiting for my host mom. We eventually met her in the station; she bought us a tapioca drink, which I thought was going to be amazing but it turned out slimy, weird, and not as sweet as lets say... tapioca pudding. For a while afterward we went around looking for electronic dictionaries. After seeing the prices I did my best to change the subject and end my search. I did end up getting a KAT-TUN CD We had dinner on a restaurant on the 14th floor. My host mom ordered "Unagi No Hitsumbushi" for all of us, which was an eel dish on rice it was probably the best meal I had had yet. I might have ruined the experience a little by experimenting with the seasoning dishes that were provided. Oh well, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment